Monday 13 July 2015

15/07/2015 - Top 5 Anticipated Pre-Orders for the Rest of the Year

Hallo Miriam, ich heiße Ben! Yes, welcome back, my dears. Wednesday has once again befallen us, with yet another Top 5 Wednesday following in its wake. The topic this time is 'Top 5 Anticipated Pre-Orders for the Rest of the Year'. A tad bit of a struggle for me considering I have a rather potent affinity to classics, but alas, I have done my best. And here it is:

5. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee - Yes, I am fully aware that this book TECHNICALLY came out yesterday, HOWEVER, I have highly anticipated this book for quite a while, and I felt that this should be an exception. Having read and severely enjoyed To Kill a Mockingbird, the news of a sequel (even though it was written before TKAM) was music to my ears. Let's just hope it is good so I don't despair for all things good in this world.

4. The Big Lie by Julie Mayhew - I don't usually get that hyped over YA books; however, after seeing BooksAndQuills talk about the book in her June Book Haul Part I video, and hearing the premise, I was intrigued. Set in a practically dystopian future where Germany won the war and Britain is under Nazi rule, this book tells the story of a woman's dealing with the society, as well as playing out a lesbian romance over the tragic backdrop. An LGBTQ+ novel set in a dystopian world... seriously, what is there not to love?

3. Time and Time Again by Ben Elton - After scrolling through Waterstones, I came across this gem. My sister, Kristi, and I both very much like this author, having already read a few of his books (Past Mortem and Dead Famous) and enjoyed them immensely. The premise for this new novel sounds spectacular, and I am now very excited to read it.


2. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara - The fact that this book is on this list is agitating, because I know in the USA this book has been available for a couple of months now. However, across the Atlantic in good old England, it isn't available for another month, and thus it features on this list. I first saw this book after reading Emily May's review on Goodreads for it. Although she only gave it 3 stars, I was wholly interested by the sounds of the plot and I greatly wish to read it. It was going to be my 'Y' for my A-to-Z, but now with the hitch that IT ISN'T ACTUALLY AVAILABLE YET IN THE UK, I will just have to read it at a later date. Depressing yet bitter sweet... just my cup of tea.

Selp Helf (Hardback)1. And finally, at Number 1 is *drum roll* Selp Helf by Miranda Sings! No surprises here, really. She is one of my absolute favourite YouTubers (her AND her creator, Colleen Ballinger), and I have met her, so I am absolutely obsessed! Her book, due to be released later this month, will surely be hysterical and it will do her comedic presence proud. I am assured of it.



And thus, there ends my Top 5 Wednesday for this week! Are you excited for these titles too, (or do you have the privilege of being American and already owning some of these titles?) If the answer is yes, tell me in the comments below! If you enjoyed it, like, comment and follow, and until next time, farvel!



No comments:

Post a Comment