Tuesday 21 July 2015

22/07/2015 - Top 5 Side Characters that Deserve Their Own Series

Hello, oncemore! Today is Wednesday, which means it is time for yet another Top 5 Wednesday! The topic today is Top 5 Side Characters that Deserve Their Own Series. Alas, let us commence:

5. The Marauders from Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling. Let's be real, if you have never wanted to read about the high school lives of the Marauders at any point, you're lying. They are such interesting characters; I am sure it would be hilarious to hear of their exploits, and touching to read the story of James and Lily getting together. Make it happen!

4. Dumbledore from Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling. J.K Rowling creates too many great side characters. I would love to hear about Dumbledore's life: his relationship with Grindelwald, his youth and his dealings with a younger Tom Riddle. It would add depth to his character and prove to be a truly exhilarating series, I'm assured.

3. Sakamoto Satsu from Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. Chiyo/Sayuri's sister and her got split up after being taken away from their family. I feel like hearing about Satsu's plight after this would be interesting, especially after the turn of events which takes place later in the novel (which I shan't reveal because you should all read this novel).

2. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - Atticus Finch is seen by many as a virtuous man and the archetypal character. It would be interesting, I think, to see his past life and where he got these controversial (for the time) views from. I am rather afraid to read Go Set a Watchman because I may lose this image of Atticus, but I am going to anyway.

1. Erik from The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux - I love Erik! And I feel so sorry for him! I want to read about his childhood, even though this will probably be the most heart-wrenching story ever. I want to hear the story from his perspective, so I can hate the end result even more.



Thank you for reading! If you agree, leave a comment below telling me! Like, comment, follow and above all else, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment