Monday 13 July 2015

14/07/2015 - Last 10 Books That Came Into My Possession

This is me, holding my 10 books...
honestly, I'm so damn hench...
Hello, I am ever so glad to see you here once again. Today is Tuesday, and that means it is another Top 10 Tuesday, the topic of this one being 'Last 10 Books That Came Into My Possession' - these include library books, purchased books and review copies (not that I have received any of those yet... *hint*). Anyway, let us begin:

10. A Work in Progress by Connor Franta
Embedded image permalink9. I Hate Myselfie by Shane Dawson - the story behind my acquiring of 10 and 9 is rather humorous, at least I think so. So, I tried to order these two books together from Waterstones because I heard the hype and I like the YouTubers so I decided to read their writings. However, I ran into issue: the (god-awful) updated Waterstones website was not computing my order... and I ended up trying again, multiple times. On the fateful day of the books' arrival, I ended up with 3 copies of each, and I was going to be forced to pay for all three orders... which evidently was not going to happen. Hence, I called up Waterstones and they refunded the orders and it turns out that I had actually made 8 failed orders and 3 successful ones... which is quite an achievement in my opinion! (I got the Waterstones points for all three orders though muhahaha)

8. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen - bought for 20p from my local library at their book sale! Thank goodness I work there early on Saturdays, or that would have been snapped up rather quickly! Classics are NEVER on the book sale!

7. Chocky by John Wyndham - I am very excited for this! It will be my 'W' for my A-to-Z Challenge 2015. I bought it from the Waterstones store because I had read Day of the Triffids and it is one of my favourite books, and the premise for this sounds utterly fascinating! I can't wait!

6. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
5. Daddy Love by Joyce Carol Oates
4. Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin - Very excited to read this for my 'T'! It is about an intersex child who identifies as male, but starts questioning after a traumatic event. I have never read anything about intersex characters in novels before, and I don't know as much about intersex people as I do the other members of the LGBTQ+ community, so I am very intrigued by this novel, especially considering its acclaim.
3. The Boy Who Could See Death by Salley Vickers
2. Don't Cry, Tai Lake by Qiu Xiaolong
1. Frog by Mo Yan

The books from 6 to 1 are all from the library... I took 6 books on a mass Exodus from the shelves in order to fulfill my A-to-Z Challenge, which my sadly pitiful bookshelves at home to not satisfy... I bring dishonour, I agree.

That is that! If you have read any of these books, tell me your opinions below! I would love to hear what you thought about them! From numbers 8-1 are books I haven't yet read, so I would highly appreciate your opinions on them so I can compare my thoughts after having read them! No spoilers though, please, I beg you. If you enjoyed, like, comment and follow, and until next time, auf wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment